Thursday, March 22, 2007

Still the same

Last night passed with no major changes. Tara is still running a slight fever (101), but otherwise everything is the same. I asked a nurse how long people in similar situations had lasted, and she responded that some have lasted weeks. I somehow feel that Tara is suffering in her current situation, so I certainly hope this doesn't continue for weeks. I know it's extremely tough on Kevin and my parents, especially to see Tara every day and yet know she isn't coming back to them. I know it's tough on me. I also see the strain in CJ, Karen and Aimee's faces as well.

Today Charles & Loretta took over for me after I stayed the night last night. Their daughter, Emily, joined them at the hospital. Tonight Kevin will be spending the night at the hospital, while my mom takes care of Kiera at Tara & Kevin's home. My dad is home sick with some bug he probably caught at the hospital. He just needs to rest.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Sandy, Uncle Jim, Cousin Eric, and Husband Kevin,

I offer my deepest condolences to you all. Words obviously cannot express your pain and sorrow for this tragic event. It is hard to even comprehend what you must be going through. It does not seem fair that Tara will not be able to raise her young child Kiera.

One of my memories of Tara was when I was in Yorkville visiting Grandma Collman, who suggested I go to the Tastee Freeze to get dinner. When I got to the front of the line, I looked up, and Tara was waiting on me. Both of us were sure surprised by that. ("what are you doing here...I didn't know you worked here...")

Eric, great job on the web site. I have been accessing it frequently for updates since Dad sent me the link. I continue to pray for Tara and the family.

Phil Dirst

Anonymous said...

I'm sure as a kid, I held Tara's hand, probably walking down to the pond to swim or fish. I held her hand today, and the weight of her hand in mine was selfishly comforting to me. She looks peaceful, like she's just sleeping. I'd like to believe in miracles...
Keeping Tara and her family in my prayers, Emily

WalshSB said...

To all of Tara's loved ones...

It doesn't seem possible that this has happened and continues to happen. I know Tara is an amazing woman and the amount of people that are there with her and sending their prayers just shows me how many people she has touched and how special she is. It breaks my heart to think of Kiera growing up without really knowing her amazing mother.
I am so glad that Kevin and all of Tara's family have such a great community of people to support them through this very difficult time. I only wish we were a bit closer to offer more help and support. Please know that we think of Tara and the whole family throughout the day and continue to pray for her and the family.

With love,
Michelle Walsh (Banyai) and Luis

Anonymous said...

I wanted to thank everyone for the prayers. We have all felt your prayers as we surround Tara with light and love. CJ

Anonymous said...

Kevin and family.
Not a day goes by that I do not pray for you all. More of us at Sauk than you know are thinking of you. I will continue to pray that during this incredibly difficult time God will hold you all in the palm of his hand, give you great comfort and keep you safe. Deb Kerns/Student Needs Sauk Valley College

Dan Peterson said...

Eric and Kevin, I wanted to let you know that Beth and I are thinking of you and keep Tara, you and your entire family in our prayers.

Dan and Beth Peterson