Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday update

Kevin stayed the entire night on Thursday in the hospital with Tara. Aimee and CJ's parents stayed with Tara today. Uncle Bud and Aunt Carol also visited today, as well as Tara's good friend Chuck who flew over from Europe after hearing the news. I took over from CJ's parents tonight and I'll stay until Saturday morning, when Charles and Loretta will take over. I'm hoping Kevin went with Kiera tonight to their friends house for 'gaming', which was a tradition Tara/Kevin and their friends had on Friday nights. I know Tara would have wanted him to go, and I know how important friends are at this time.

We finished reading Ender's Game to Tara tonight. I finished the last page around 10:30pm this evening. Thanks to everyone who took turns reading to Tara here at the hospital. I believe that included CJ, Aimee, Kevin, and Charles/Loretta.

CJ's dad sung Tara old Irish folk tunes today. I'm sure Tara enjoyed them, even if CJ's mom insisted that dad was off-key.

My dad Jim is feeling better this evening, so my mom and dad plan on visiting the hospital tomorrow (Saturday). Jim caught a bug that's been going around, since it also hit CJ and her boys.

No real changes in Tara's status. Her fever is still running low at 99.8, but otherwise she's still the same.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please know that word has spread far and wide and that your efforts in putting this blog together and updating it about every day are very much appreciated by people you don't even know. I hadn't seen Tara in person in over 17 years but I feel like I'm right there. -M

David D said...

May a peace that surpasses all understanding, envelope you

David and Jenny

Anonymous said...

Eric, we are keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Pat and Lisa

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for these updates - Tara has touched so many lives!

Jan H