Monday, April 2, 2007

Visits + update

I would recommend that anyone who wants to visit Tara in the hospice do so as quickly as possible. The caretakers at the hospice have told us the signs indicate Tara may not have too much more time with us. Her heart rate is dropping, and she is starting to have irregular breathing. They tell us these are both signs of the physical body starting to shutdown. We know Tara touched numerous lives, and the family supports everyone who wants to visit Tara to say 'goodbye'.

We'd like to thank everyone so much for the thoughts, prayers, and kind words. You'll never know how much your words, letters, emails and comments have helped during these tragic times. It actually eases the pain to know that Tara has positively impacted all of your lives through humor, mentoring, academics, as a friend, as a co-worker, and as a relative. We will miss her so much!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please let her know that she will be missed very much at the library! My prayers are with you all~

Anonymous said...

Continuing to hold you all in my thoughts and prayers. As others here at the Library have said Tara will be greatly missed.

Ken Kamm
Acquisitions Department
NIU Libraries

Anonymous said...

Richard was a student who worked under Tara's supervision and he wanted me to forward this.

"It still seems like only a little while ago, it was my last day at NIU and Tara was having her baby. During my time at NIU, she was everything a good supervisor was supposed to be - strong, compassionate and dutiful - and heckuva a lot better than the ones I put up with these days. Please send these thoughts along, and tell her family that they are in my prayers.

Richard"

marknsam said...

Sam and I previously worked with Tara at the NIU Libraries and remained friends even after we left. We have been receiving email updates on Tara's conditon from Kay. Please know that you are all in our thoughts and prayers.

Mark Williams &
Sam Manivong
District of Columbia

Anonymous said...

I only met Tara a couple of times. I am friends with Leanne V. I was so happy when Leanne told me Tara was having a baby, that I had to get her a "Miracle Blanket" (it really helps a baby sleep.) I know she enjoyed it and appreciated it. I am sad for Tara's family and friends that knew her so well. From all the great things Leanne always said about her, she will be missed forever- Amy Deegan

Anonymous said...

I just heard about this, and I am truly sorry. I was hired by Tara last year, my freshmen year, at NIU. I thought she was a great supervisor. She always greeted me with a smile. She was very patient with me in teaching me the computer system. I also remember how much Tara loved her baby, she would never stop talking about her! Although I don't work at the library now, I will always remember Tara and how she made the library a much happier place. I hope that God will give you comfort in your lives. I am praying for all of you!